Monday, February 25, 2008


My parents came up over the weekend. We had fun. We went and shopped in Mankato on Saturday and in the evening we went to Monte's Steakhouse in Faribault. On Sunday my dad mentioned how they were going to leave in the afternoon so I could get some sleep so I don't break any glass at work. I guess I didn't sleep long enough.

Like my previous story with Abdul from Somalia, I will illustrate this story with illustrations I have created on the most advanced program out there, Paintbrush.

Okay, so it all started while I was working with "my best friend" Will. Or my BFFL. That stands for Best Friends Forever Life. Well we had this glass on what they call an I-Rack-see Picture 2. There were 18 pieces of glass on it. They were about 70" x 78", which means that were 12" over the top of the I-Rack which throws the balance off on the I-Rack. We did not put the glass on there, we just moved it. Anyway, I got on the forklift to move it to another area. I picked it up and carried it to the other area. Now the thing with an I-Rack is that the forks on the forklift stick out the front because the I-Rack is not quite wide enough. So I was going to put it against another I-Rack, so I had to set it down and go back a little with the forks and lift it to put it against the other I-Rack. That way the forks aren't sticking out and hitting the I-Rack in front of the other one. Well, when you lift it that way you have to be really careful so that the forks are flat and the rack doesn't tip back on the forklift or tip forward. Well I lifted it and noticed it was tipping back a little so I put it back down and flatted the forks a little. I lifted again and this time it was fine. Now remember when I said when the glass is that high over the forklift it throws off the balance. Well I knew that so I was trying to be really careful when I let off the brake to go forward. Well I guess I wasn't careful enough cause when I went forward it started tipping back. It was like it was in slow motion. I knew it was coming and there was nothing I could do. I was just hoping the glass wouldn't break. It did. Four of them in back broke. I yelled for Will and said, "I get to pee in a cup!"

When you brake glass on a forklift you have to take a drug test. I've been there for 2 1/2 years and this is my first time I've gotten to pee in a cup. I think I was the last one left that got to do that. Looks like I picked a good week to quit smoking weed. : ) There's nothing like holding a cup of warm pee.

At the end of the night I got to meet with our supervisor and the safety coordinator. It was so exciting. They aren't going to "right me up" though, so I won't get my forklift license taken away. They didn't blame me cause of how high the glass was.

There's my exciting story for the day. By the way, I passed the drug test.



Will Mitchell said...

Wake up sleepy head! I need a good story.

TJ and Stephanie said...

I've been awake. It just took awhile to do.

RCW said...

I'm sorry I jinxed you TJ. Where was your "Friend for Life" during all this. Couldn't he have held the glass in place so it didn't tip?

Will Mitchell said...

WOW That story was worth waiting for.. especially once I saw the pictures! Thanks for Brightening my day TJ!!

Amy Kramer said...

Oh no... tell Stephanie to be extra careful with those dishes... you don't want to break BOTH records!!!! :)

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...