Tuesday, February 26, 2008

gas

As I mentioned on my last post we went to Monte's Steakhouse Saturday evening and for lunch we went to Arby's. I don't know if it was either of those or what it was but I had really bad gas. Yeah, that's right. It was pretty rotten. Well, when we went to bed Saturday Stephanie and I read the Daily Bread before we went to sleep. The passage was 2 Corinthians 2:14-17. Stephanie started reading it and I ripped one. It wasn't really loud but we all know the quiet ones are the worst. I knew it would stink so I tried to seal it in, which never works cause at some point you have to lift the covers and by that time your nose isn't ready for it and then it about knocks you out. Stephanie started reading... 14But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. 15For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing 16To the one we are the...and that's when the smell hit Stephanie. She read, To the one we are the... then she paused and the next line couldn't have been more fitting... smell of death. It was hilarious. And it quite possibly could have been the smell of death.

TJ

7 comments:

Will Mitchell said...

That is absolutely hillarious. If it was anyone else I would think you were making it up! too good!

Amy Kramer said...

ohmygoodness! That is hilarious! It reminds me of one of the first times we hung out together (like a million years ago or so)You guys were getting in your car to go home, and I ran out b/c you had forgotten something. You had just ripped one in your car b/c you were too embarassed to let it rip at our house!! Good times.
Thanks for the good laugh!!!! :)

Stephanie Wright said...

It's not that I was embarrassed. You should be thankful I held it in. It's for the good of everyone...except Stephanie.

Amy Kramer said...

Poor Stephanie... :(

Will Mitchell said...

I was a little disappointed that you didn't illustrate this story. Maybe you could add illustrations later.

RCW said...

Oh yeh the old "Dutch Oven" your mother does that to me all the time!! HEE!! HEE!! You shouldn't have had your steak medium rare!! I'm glad you saved it till we were in bed!! Kind of setting the mood I'd say!! Not sure what the mood would be but I'd say you were setting it. Come to think of it... I told Mom that I thought maybe your sewer was backing up. Now I know it was!!

Amy Kramer said...

Just so the world knows, TJ STILL ha gas tonight. He was ripping them left and right at AWANA. How Rude.

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...