Monday, May 13, 2013

Apple Crisp (Almond Flour)





Apple Crisp (Almond Flour)
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmet
1/3 cup grapeseed oil (I used olive oil)
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 Tbsp vanilla
5-6 medium apples, peeled and sliced.

In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.  In a smaller bowl, combine the oil, agave and vanilla.  Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.  Place the peeled and sliced apples into a 9x13 baking dish.  Crumble the topping over the apples.  Cover and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.  Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes.

This was good.  But I might experiment with a couple things next time.  Like.... Honey(Agave) and sugar are interchangeable.  So I'm going to be a little more traditional and put sugar in my topping next time.  Plus I might beef it up with a couple more apples.  Then sprinkle a little extra cinnamon and sugar over the apples with a dash of lemon.  I guess I'll have to check back and compare the two for you all.


Click here to see all my gluten free dairy free recipes so far.

This recipe from: Elana's Pantry

 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...