Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lemon Sugar Cookies

Lemon Sugar Cookies



1 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 Tbsp half and half
1 tsp grated lemon peel
3 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar.  Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Beat in lemon juice, half and half and lemon peel.  Combine flour and baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.  cover and refrigerate for 1 hours or until easy to handle.  On a lightly floured surface, roll out.  Cut with cookie cutters.  Place 1 inch apart on baking sheets.  Sprinkle with sugar.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.  Remove to wire racks to cool.

**I didn't have the lemon peel, and I think this gave it a lesser lemon flavor than I was hoping for.  However they were still ok.
Plus, I didn't want to wait to chill it, I know patience right?, so instead I rolled them into balls, coated with sugar and then pressed them criss cross with a fork, like we did in the olden-days with my grandma. :)
Like I said they were ok, but really only good to me while they were hot and still nice and soft.  After a few days they got harder and less tasty to me, even though my children still liked them.  They will eat anything though. ha.



 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...