Friday, May 2, 2014

Chocolate Frosting (GFDF)

Chocolate Frosting

1 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 Tbsp vanilla



Now I made three times this amount to cover my cake and that was way too much.  Next time I will only use 2 cups.  Or make 1 cup stretch.  Frosting doesn't need to be that thick!

I did not read the rest of the instructions for some reason, from Elana's pantry.  And I didn't want to wait for the chocolate to cool and stiffen a little more.  So I added some powdered sugar until it thickened up a little.  Then poured it over my cake.  I'm sure it would have been just fine if I had stuck with the original plans as well.  Which you can read when you click the link to Elana's Pantry below.

Enjoy some dairy free chocolate frosting!

Recipe Source: Elana's Pantry

Click here to see all my other gluten and dairy free recipes

 



No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...