Sunday, September 25, 2011

Jewelry Organization

I've been wanting to do something like this for awhile.  And after joining pinterest and seeing ideas, it definitely put a spark in me to finally take the time to do something about it.  Plus I came up with how I really wanted to do it, and where I really wanted to put it.

I could have stored such things in my closet.  Which I thought about at first.  But I get dressed and ready in the bathroom so it makes more sense for it to be in the same spot where I am getting ready.

Here's the final product.

 For my earrings.


 For my necklaces.





 Next to my vanity mirror in the bathroom.


I started with a simple piece of wood which I picked up from Mills Fleet Farm for $1.63.  
Not a bad deal.  

Then I cut it to the sizes I needed.  Painted it with left over bathroom wall color to make it blend in better.   After it dried I sanded it a bit to give a little more character.
Then I added the hooks to the necklace board.

And the screw eye hooks plus wire to the earring board.

Lastly I needed a way to hang it up.  Now if you know me, you know that I don't like to start something I can't finish.  By the time I was at the hanging up part I did not want to leave it for later.  So instead of going back to the store to get the brackets for hanging, I decided to drill a hole in the back corners for hanging.  This was ok to do because this is not holding heavy items.  I'm planning on doing something else like this for a different purpose.....which I will reveal in a later post!  

But that one I will hang differently.

Over all this project only cost me $4.  Thanks to fleet farm, already having a tool to cut it myself, and the left over paint from painting it the same color as the bathroom.  Then there is left over stuff so really it's cheaper than that!  Great deal, and I love the end result!


 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...