Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Homemade Taquitos



Rice Tortilla Shells
refried beans
hamburger
oil
any other taco toppings you like

Put a thin layer of refried beans over your taco shell.  After the hamburger is cooked and seasoned chop finely.  Put a thin layer of hamburger over the beans.  Roll the shell as tightly as possible.  Heat a shallow  pan with oil.  Once oil is very hot, place the "taquito" in the oil to crisp the shell.

*It's possible you might need a toothpick to help hold the shape while frying.  If so remember to take this out before serving. :)

Top with any of your favorite taco toppings!

Obviously if you are not gluten and dairy free, you can use a standard flour shell for this.
I suggest the rice shell because the corn shells fall apart too easily.  But next time I might try to find a way to soften them up so they don't fall apart.  I'll let you know when I find out.  In the mean time if you have already done it let me know!

Enjoy!

Click here to see all my other gluten & dairy free recipes.



 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...