Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Why we don't....

Why we don't support Oct 31 as anything other than another day in the year.



I feel as though there are many areas of compromise in this world.  And it's not a good sort of compromise.

Things like,

It's ok to lie as long as you are protecting yourself.
But the Bible says,
Proverbs 12:22
The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful.



You don't have to be kind to that person anymore if they've hurt you deeply.
But the Bible says,
Colosians 3:13
Bear with each other and fortive whatever grievance you may have against one another.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.


It's ok to worship the Devil, as long as you do it in a funny dressing-up sort of way.
Now maybe they don't say this exact sentence...but this is the desired subliminal message.
But the Bible says,
Deuteronomy 6:4-9
Hear, o Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hears.  Impess them on your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.


Verse 7 says Impress them on your children.

What are you impressing on your children?  I want to try my hardest to not impress on my children that it's ok to go along with others on everything, as long as or just because it's fun.  We also need to look at the reason and desire behind doing or wanting to do that thing, and who ultimately is being glorified through our actions.  I want to choose to impress the things that God is asking of me.  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul and strength, and impress those thoughts on my children at all times of the day and every day of the year.
If we are really doing that, we will not allow room for the compromise to take place.



More recently with my foster daughter, we mentioned that we are going to do something more wholesome as a family on that day instead.  Recently she said back to me, I'm glad we're not going out for Halloween, because when I was littler (last year at her other house) I did that, and the teenagers were dressed up really bad, and it scared me and gave me bad dreams.


P.S.  This is my opinion.  This in no way means that I think everyone needs to follow.  I am responsible for me and you are responsible for you.  We each can make our own decision.  I just wanted to share because people ask me why not.....so here's part of my answer.


 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...