Monday, August 25, 2008

Great Album


I downloaded a new album on Itunes last week - Bart Millard, "Hymned Again". I have the first Hymned album from MercyMe front-man, Bart Millard and really enjoyed it. So I was looking forward to the new one. I love it. From the beginning to the end. What's nice about it is the fresh, new take on each hymn. For instance, I've never heard "What A Day That Will Be" with a horn-driven rock sound. It's great. Out of all the cd's I have, I have never heard a saw on any of them, until now. There is a saw solo on "What A Friend We Have In Jesus". Yep, that's right. A saw. And somehow it works. Other highlights include: "I Stand Amazed", "Brethren We Have Met To Worship", "Victory In Jesus", and the newly written song, "Jesus Cares For Me", a duet with Vince Gill. This albums a mixture of dixieland jazz, country, rock, bluegrass, blues and pop. And it all flows together flawlessly. If you enjoy the old hymns and would love a new take on them, I highly recommend this album.

Track Listing

1 comment:

Will Mitchell said...

"But don't take My word for it" is how I could hear this plug ending... I somehow pictured you as Levar, the reading rainbow guy... only not quite so black.

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...