Saturday, November 2, 2013

Burrito Bowl

Do you like Panchero's? This is one of my favorite restaurants.  Unfortunately we do not have on in our own town.  Actually the closest one is 55 minutes away at least.  So I have to settle for it every once in a while, or whenever we visit family in Iowa.   Well, I made my own version of their burrito bowl, and I'd have to say it was pretty stinkin' good!




Try it for yourself.

brown rice
1 lime
cilantro
black or pinto beans
chicken
pepper, salt, chili powder, lawry's
green pepper
red pepper
onion
minced garlic
guacamole
lettuce
salsa





Cook the rice according to package directions.  I used 4 cups of instant brown rice.  After it had set, I add 1/2 cup chopped cilantro and 1/2 a lime and simmered for 2 more minutes.


In another pan cook the sliced peppers, and onion with 2 tsp minced garlic and salt and pepper and olive oil.  Set aside once softened and cooked through.


Cook the chicken with seasonings to your taste.  I chose, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Continue to add water to keep the chicken moist.

Add any other type of taco toppings that would normally choose and enjoy!


Click here to see all my gluten free dairy free recipes so far.





 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...