Friday, May 11, 2012

Cinnamon Chip Cookies


This was a new cookie recipe I was daring to try....I had everything, so it was worth a shot.  They are different but kinda growing on me, as I eat another. :)

Cinnamon Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp orange zest
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts(optional)  I did not use this ingredient
2 egg white, beaten (I did not use this either)
additional sugar

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.  Beat in egg yolk, orange zest and vanilla.  Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (dough will be very stiff).  Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls.  Roll in egg white, then in sugar.  Place 2 in. apart on greased and floured baking sheets.  Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.

*I did not dip them in egg white first...I just went straight to rolling them in the sugar.  It still stuck on there just fine.


 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...