Monday, January 2, 2012

What good is a broken cup?

Have you ever wanted something so bad?!!  I mean, so bad that even after those, years and years of wanting it you almost felt like...... now if I ever DO get that thing, will I ever really be satisfied?


Interestingly enough, I was watching a kids movie with the boys....Kung Fu Panda 2 to be exact.  Well if you haven't seen it, there is a jealous peacock, and a wise old ram tells him, "The cup you are trying to fill has no bottom."

Huh.....I was taken-a-back by that piece of wisdom, especially given the source. :)   And then it started to creep into my brain more and more, and I was wondering...



Do I ever act like that?


I do know, there are things I've wanted, 


for years....


Desires, I've longed for, 


for years....

 
and years.....
and the years are still passing by.....



and I am still waiting for this dream....



to be (completely) fulfilled.....


but will it.....


just some?  


Or all of it?


How much?


And when?



How can anyone ever fill a cup that doesn't have a bottom?  Can you picture it?  All your efforts are basically a waste of time, because everything you are "going for".....

All those desires you are hoping to fulfill, or receive.....

It's slipping right through the cracks, or right out the bottom, and never actually filling you up, or being used, or being counted as a blessing, or a reward, or the list could go on.


Hmmm, so does my cup have a bottom?  Am I taking in the blessings I have been given, or am I letting them get away instead?  

Well I can gratefully say that my cup does have a bottom, and there are no other holes either, because Jesus fills in those gaps!

Don't let your cup break.  Don't let your cup have a hole in it.  Jesus is the glue that will hold you together.  All you need is Jesus to fix your cup, and He will fill it up. 
Then you will be ready to take in those little blessings all around you that God sends your way, and watch them outpour onto those around you.

Besides....we need to remember, we are put here to glorify God, and to please HIM!  Not to please ourselves.

Psalm 19:14- Lord, may the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart, be pleasing in YOUR eyes.  You are my rock and my redeemer. (NIRV) (emphasis mine)

And, life is not about what we want, but what God wants for us!

Isaiah 55: 8-9
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” 


After all....what good is a broken cup?






 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...