Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sweet & Sour Turkey Meatballs



I've tried a few different "Sweet and Sour" items and this one wins my favorite homemade sweet and sour sauce by far.  I hope you can enjoy it too.

Sweet & Sour Turkey Meatballs

Meatballs:
2 lbs ground turkey
1 small onion
1 small red pepper
3 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp ground ginger
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs

Sauce:
1 cup pineapple juice (from the can)
1/3 cup finely chopped or ground pineapple
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 Tbsp tomato paste

Preheat the oven to 400.  Place all the meatball ingredients in a bowl or mixing bowl.  Blend or toss with your hands to combine.  I so prefer using a mixer so I don't have to toss the meat mixture with my hands. :)  Scoop the meatballs onto a pan with edges, to hold in the grease, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until meat registers done.  While they bake make the sauce.  In a medium saucepan, mix sauce ingredients until combined.  I used a small food processor to finely blend the pineapple chunks.  Heat over medium heat until sauce begins to boil.  Turn to medium low and let sauce simmer for 5-10 minutes until it thickens a bit.
Serve cooked meatballs with a side of the dipping sauce.

Click here to see all my other gluten & dairy free recipes.

Recipe Source: Against All Grain


 

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...