Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Stir Fry Peppercorn Beef


1 1/2 lbs top sirloin beef, sliced thinly
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 onion
1 1/2 cup pineapple
1 (8oz) can bamboo shoots
1/4 cup coconut aminos
2 Tbsp sesame oil
3 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp whole peppercorn
1 tsp pepper flakes
1 Tbsp coconut oil

Marinate the sliced beef in coconut aminos and sesame oil for 10 minutes while preparing the rest of the ingredients.  In a pan over high heat, add the coconut oil and then the marinated beef into the pan and saute until browned.  Remove from pan and set aside in a bowl.  In the same pan, add the garlic, onions and peppercorns.  Saute until fragrent.  Add the bell peppers, pineapple and bamboo shoots and pepper flakes.  Stir fry 2-3 minutes more.  Return the beef into the pan and stir fry everything for an additional 1-2 minutes.  Remove from heat and serve.

I'm not sure this was my favorite recipe, however there were a few things I did not do according to these instructions.  So it could be that anything I have with sirloin just don't do it for me, or that those minor steps that I skipped in this recipe would have made all the difference.  Try it for yourself and let me know what you think about it.


Click here to see all my other gluten & dairy free recipes.


Recipe Source: Against All Grain

   

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...