Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fruity Chicken Stir-Fry

I have to admit the first time my Aunt made this recipe for me a long time ago...I thought it sounded gross. But much to my dismay, I love it!
It's yet again another easy recipe that you can set aside also for those hot summer days when you don't want to turn the oven on. Plus it's easy!



Fruity Chicken Stir-Fry
1 1/2 cups minute rice
3/4 cup mayo
3/4 cup orange juice
2-3 chicken breasts
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 can pineapple tidbits
1 can mandarin oranges (I don't use this ingredient)

TJ's not a fan of the mandarin oranges so I stopped putting this in the recipe.

Fry chicken and cut into small chunks. Mix mayo and orange juice in a bowl. Add mixture and rice to the pan. Stir and bring to a boil. Add green pepper and pineapple and oranges and simmer 5-10 minutes longer.

And you can always make the recipe bigger just by upping the quantity of everything, depending on how many mouths are you feeding that day.

*I've wanted to make this before but realized I didn't have any orange juice in the house so instead used mt.dew. It's "citrusy" so you couldn't really tell that much of a difference. And I've not had pineapple before too so I've used green grapes cut in half. It was good that way too! :)

No comments:

You might also like these posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...